1.12.2012

guest blogger: cara from lilac & grey

When Ali and Ariana asked me if I wanted to do a guest post "swap" I was more then excited! I knew right away that I wanted to post something to tie together fashion and interiors. While searching the runway photos on style.com for a recent post I did, I noticed lots of mint greens, pinks, yellows, and tangerine. I also noticed that large floral prints are making a big splash. If I had to describe my personal style for fashion and interior design- I would say it would be a happy mix of modern and vintage.



To me, floral prints are very chic and lady-like; but in most cases, wearing floral prints could be very daring. I love how Ece Sukan, editor at large for Vogue Turkey mixed this flowy floral print dress {which looks like it could be vintage} with a very modern clutch.


When using floral prints in your home-especially if it is a chair or sofa- you need to be mindful to pair it with something modern like this bed above- otherwise you could risk it looking to "granny."


Mixing floral patterns could be extremely chic if done correctly. Be sure to keep the color scheme throughout, and keep the wall color neutral.


If you really want to be bold, opt for a floral wall-covering or mural. This works best in bathrooms or for one wall in a bedroom.

Thank you Ali and Ariana for giving me the opportunity to guest post here at The Elegant Abode!

{Cara Gardner is a New Jersey based Real Estate and Lifestyle Consultant. When she is not with clients she can be found on her blog Lilac and Grey sharing inspirational ideas about interior design, fashion and behind the scenes info about real estate.}


{photo 1 via Lee Oliveira | photo 2 and 3 via Elle Decor | photo 4 via Interiorly}

1 comment:

designchic said...

Loving the florals...the third image...perfection!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails